This is a breakout board for the PCA9306 dual bidirectional voltage-level translator. Because different parts sometimes use different voltage levels to communicate, voltage level translators can be the key to making different parts play nice.
The PCA9306 is a dual bidirectional I2C-bus and SMBus voltage-level translator that’s operational on the low side from 1.0 V to 3.6 V and on the high side from 1.8 V to 5.5 V. Simply apply your low- and high-side reference voltages to the VREF1 and VREF2 respectively, connect your I/O and drive the Enable pin high to open bidirectional voltage translation without the use of a direction pin!
- 2-bit bidirectional translator for SDA and SCL lines in mixed-mode I2C-bus applications
- Standard-mode, Fast-mode, and Fast-mode Plus I2C-bus and SMBus compatible
- Less than 1.5 ns maximum propagation delay to accommodate Standard-mode and Fast-mode I2C-bus devices and multiple masters
- Allows voltage level translation between:
- 1.0 V Vref(1) and 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V or 5 V Vbias
- 1.2 V Vref(1)and 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V or 5 V Vbias
- 1.8 V Vref(1)and 3.3 V or 5 V Vbias
- 2.5 V Vref(1) and 5 V Vbias
- 3.3 V Vref(1) and 5 V Vbias
- Provides bidirectional voltage translation with no direction pin
- Low 3.5 Ω ON-state connection between input and output ports provides less signal distortion